Botox is a purified protein. It softens the wrinkles so they relax by blocking signals from the nerves to the particular muscles where it is injected – so that they no longer contract, blocks signals from the nerves to the muscles. It is useful in it’s effect is only temporary though and lasts 3 to 4 months. Eventually the muscle grows new receptors and gets back to normal. There is NO damage caused to your nerve.
BOTOX is the most popular treatment for forehead lines, crow’s feet (lines around the eye) and frown lines; XEOMIN is the new one in the country.
Most important is the assessment and that is where results differ from one doctor to the other. Also the skill of the injecting doctor is what guarantees a desirable aesthetic outcome and avoids unwanted effects.
At Dr Rashmi, a personal assessment is done by her for each of her clients. Post that a numbing cream is applied to cleanse the area. ( shouldn’t this be – a numbing cream is applied post cleansing the area.) Then it’s a 45 minute wait while the team pampers you and helps you relax.
Dr Rashmi will then inject the protein into pre decided muscles with the tiniest possible needle. This may take 15 minutes or less and you are good to go.
The time varies depending upon the size of the muscle.
Sometimes results are visible on the same day itself. On an average results are seen between 2 to 7 days. But with injections into larger muscle where we need the muscles to re shape for instance the jaw, best results are seen in a month’s time.
Botox is the most popular treatment for line erasing or erasing action.
You’ll be surprised to know that BOTOX has the most number of medical applications for a single drug .
The one’s that concern us as aesthetic doctors are –
• It’s used to slim the face,
• Sharpen the jawline,
• Ease frown lines,
• Reduce lines like forehead lines, crows, feet, etc.
• Lift your nose, reduce the flair of nostrils,
• Add pout to the lips,
• FDA approved for migraine headaches,
• For excessive sweating on the face, scalp and under arms.
• It works wonders for open pores and acne.
• The more recent applications are for surgical scars; when injected around the scar it reduces the tissue tension and therefore leaves you with a super fine scar.
• It also works on keloids in combination with conventional treatments like intraregional steroids and hyaluronidase.
● In hyper hydroids i.e. excessive sweating, the results last anywhere between 4 months to 1 year.
● In jaw reshaping or slimming of the face they may last between 6 to 9 months.
● For facial expression lines they may last you 3 to 4 months on an average, lines on the neck however may need more frequent injections.
● Same is the case for open pores or oily skin.
Nothing. If you choose the right doctor. This is not a place you should look for bargains. There are however reported complications like lid drop, brow drop, asymmetry, bruising etc. . . .
Please do let us know if you are on any blood thinners, or diagnosed with any neuro muscular ailment or infection at the site of the proposed treatment.
For the first 24 hrs, post the treatment you are advised not to swim, play tennis or badminton or run on a treadmill and also avoid makeup.