When you hit your teens, it is most likely that your seesawing hormones start playing havoc with your skin. While you cannot avoid little zits and breakouts once in a while as your body adjusts itself, a good skincare regime can see you through the toughest skin phase of your life.
As a teenager, your skincare regime is different from your mom’s. It’s definitely much simpler, and you do not need a cupboard full of beauty potions. Your skincare routine should be about proper cleansing and protecting your skin’s natural oil and moisture balance.
It is a good idea to invest in a good cleanser and moisturizer meant for younger skin. Avoid using creams meant for your mother, as they are formulated to handle older skin, which is very different from a young person’s skin.
Here’s what you need:
- Make sure you wash your hands with a hand wash soap each time before you wash your face.
- Do not keep touching your skin.
- Washing your face 3 times a day is a must.
- Do not pinch or poke your acne.
- Make sunscreen your best friend.
- Whiteheads and blackheads are blocked oil glands, so do not try to scratch them. Get professional help instead.
- Dandruff can cause trouble on your face, back, and shoulder skin.
- Acne can be bad in the long-term and needs to be addressed right away.
- Laser hair reduction is a safe procedure and it takes about a year to get good results, so if you are Planning to move towns to study, plan it right.
- Make up will not harm your skin. What harms is not removing it.
- A well-balanced diet is absolutely essential.