Mesotherapy is a term used to describe a procedure where any drug or product is injected into a particular layer of the skin. It could be in reference to the skin of the face, body or scalp. It could also be used in context for Botox for pores and acne, where it is termed as Meso-Botox.
- Once the area is cleansed, a numbing cream is applied.
- Then tiny injections are administered on the area.
- The drug or active concentrate is chosen according to what the desired outcome is, like vitamins for rejuvenation or hyaluronic acid for hydration or then vitamins C for lightening etc.
Mesotherapy can be used to achieve the following objectives:
- Skin tightening
- Skin glow
- Skin hydration
- Skin lightening
- Reduction in pigmentation
- Hair growth
- Decrease in hair fall
Mesotherapy for hair involves tiny injections all over the scalp which creates multiple small injuries to the skin, in order to treat it as such.
- Do not take a shower or undertake any activity that might cause you to perspire for at least 8 hours after the treatment.
- Do not sunbathe for at least 2 days after the treatment.
- Do not undergo any other hair treatment for a week after a meso or PRP hair treatment.
- Avoid washing your hair or applying any type of hair product for at least 12 hours after the treatment.
- Expect tiny marks on the skin of your scalp, post the treatment from 24 hours to one week. They will eventually fade away, do not pick on them.